Liberation through Wearing (btags grol)
These chakras or "circles" (Skt. chakra, Tib. 'khor lo) were left as a legacy by Guru Padmasambhava and other great masters to benefit future generations. They originate from ancient manuscripts or blockprints.
1. Liberation through wearing (btags grol gyi 'khol lo).
These chakras are placed on top of the head or the heart center of a dying person to create positive karmic connection and a possibility of liberation during the intermediate state (bardo) and the next life.
- Chakra of Liberation through Wearing discovered by Terchen Karma Lingpa
- Chakra of Liberation through Wearing discovered by Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa
- Chakra of Liberation through Wearing discovered by Terchen Tsasum Lingpa
- Chakra of Avalokiteshvara, rediscovered treasure of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo
2. Protecting circles (srung ba'i 'khor lo).
Wearing these chakras on your body protects from obstacles and infectious diseases, increases longevity and pacifies negative influences. Their specific function depends on the deity associated with the diagram.
- Chakra of Lion-faced Dakini
- Chakra #1 of Tara White Umbrella
- Chakra #2 of Tara White Umbrella
- Chakra #3 of Tara White Umbrella
- Chakra of 21 Tara
- Chakra Donyod Khorlo
- Chakra of Wrathful Guru
- Chakra of Tara Sosor Drangma
You can download these pictures free of charge. If you have other btags grol reproductions, you can send them to us, and we'll add them to the gallery.